Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What I miss about Haiti







So here's some of the many things I miss about Haiti!



-Walking into the orphanage and having the kids run up to me shouting "Gracie!!!!!!!!"



-Playing "m'ap pa la (I'm not here!!)" which is like hide-and-seek but whenever the seeker comes to find you, you yell "M'ap pa la!!!". Then they giggle soooo hard they fall on the floor and laugh for such a long time! I played this game alot with the younger ones!



-Getting my hair corn-rowed which I though was IMPOSSIBLE!



-Daphne screaming GRACIEEEEEEEEEEEE while we play tag!



-Talking to Ari at night for a long time (This was actually in October because I only saw Ari for a day when I was there last :( She had just gotten back from Cali!)



-All of the kids jumping on my back for piggy-back rides at the bins (I didn't mind at all)!



-ALWAYS having a kid holding my hand wherever I went!



-Katrina sitting on my lap at night getting sleepy and saying about a milion times "I love you sooo much, Gracie!"



-Talking to the older girls!



-Hanging out with the boys!



-The look on the kids faces when Laura and I brought out a suitcase full of toys!



-Holding the teeny tiny babies at the Women's Program!



-Taking care of Fa Fan at church!



-Baby-sitting baby Jeerzie!



-Eating the amazing Haitian food made by the AMAZING Saintamene!



-Dancing with Frankie, Oline, and Katrina!



-Talking to funny little Kenny!



-Worshiping with the kids!



-Looking at videos of Daphne with Daphne on my camera!



and SOOOOOO much more!!!!






No comments: